Brooke Baldwin Biography
Born in Atlanta Georgia, Brooke Baldwin is an American Journalist and television host who has been working with CNN since 2008. She hosts CNN’s Newsroom with Brooke Baldwin aired from 3 p.m to 4 p.m on weekdays. On February 16, 2021, she announced that she will be leaving the network in April 2021.
Brooke Baldwin Age and Birthday
The American award-winning journalist, Baldwin was born on July 12, 1979. She is 41 years old as of 2020. She celebrates her birthday on the 12th of July every year.
Brooke Baldwin Height
The news anchor, Baldwin, stands at a height measurement of 5 feet and 9 inches (1.75 meters) tall.
Brooke Baldwin Family
Baldwin came from a middle-class American family. Her father was a consultant at Deloitte and her mother was a teacher. She lost her mother when she was 12 years old due to cancer. She has a sister named Wrenn Elam who has two sons.
Brooke Baldwin Husband | Married
In July 2017, Baldwin revealed that she was engaged to James Fletcher, an English producer. In May 2018, Brooke and James Fletcher got married. The two had met at a holiday party in 2015.
Brooke Baldwin Children
To be updated
Brooke Baldwin Education
Born in Atlanta, Georgia, Baldwin attended The Westminster Schools in Georgia, a private Kindergarten-12. She attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Spanish in 2001.
Brooke also attended Hussman School of Journalism and Media at the University of North Carolina where graduated with a journalism degree. In addition, she studied at the Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City for her undergraduate studies.
Brooke Baldwin Career
The award-winning journalist, Baldwin, started her professional career in 2001 at WVIR-TV in Charlottesville, Virginia as a reporter. She later joined WOWK-TV in West Virginia as the morning anchor. From WOWK-TV, Brooke joined WTTG in Washington, D.C. as the lead reporter. Shen then joined CNN in 2008 as a freelancer.
Brooke Baldwin CNN | Leaving CNN
Baldwin, the award-winning American journalist joined CNN in 2008. Upon joining, she was based in Atlanta until 2014. At CNN, Brooke is the anchor of Newsroom with Brooke Baldwin on weekdays. She has been based in New York City since 2014.
The news anchor co-anchored CNN’s special coverage of the final launch of Space Shuttle Atlantis on July 8, 2011.
Some of her notable work is:
- a documentary To Catch a Serial Killer that won Baldwin a Silver World Medal for Best Investigative Report at the New York Festivals International Television & Film Awards in 2012.
- Covering president Barack Obama’s second Inauguration in January 2013
- Hosting a town hall in Washington, D.C. on gun violence. She became a Peabody Award finalist for the event
- She covered New York City’s chokehold death protests in the aftermath of Eric Garner’s death in 2014.
- Coverage of the Orlando nightclub shooting in June 2016
- She covered the January 20, 2017 president Trump’s Inauguration
- In June 2012, she co-hosted CNN’s coverage of Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee in London. Her co-host was Piers Morgan.
- In the 2011 News Year’s Eve, she hosted the central time countdown from Nashville, Tennessee.
Baldwin announced on February 16, 2021, that she would be leaving CNN in the mid of April 2021. She revealed the news at the start of her Newsroom afternoon broadcast. She told and thanked her audience saying: “You have been with me every step of the way — never more so than when I was incredibly sick with COVID, I am so grateful for your loyalty and passion for the world we cover.” The news anchor has been with the network since 2008.
Leaving CNN Announcement VideoTwitter
In a series of tweets, on her official Twitter account, Brooke said:
1. I want to start with some personal news❤️ 📺 I will be leaving @CNN in April. I came to this network as a freelancer in 2008. I scribbled my name on a post it and stuck it outside a temporary office determined to fulfill my dream of becoming a full-time correspondent at CNN. pic.twitter.com/v4zeG5XMQX
— Brooke Baldwin (@BrookeBaldwin) February 16, 2021
Leaving CNN Tweets
2. I wanted to be part of the best of the best in cable news and journalism and as a native Atlantan, this would be my hometown team. Little did I know… I would not only go on to fulfill that dream, I’d flourish in this environment and land my own two hour show at the age of 31.
3. For a decade I’ve never taken for granted the enormous responsibility and privilege I’ve had to work with some of the most talented producers and photojournalists out there as we covered our era’s most urgent and important stories.
4. Conflicts, terrorism, environmental and natural disasters, the wrath of gun violence, human interest stories and royal weddings, my American Woman series, social justice movements that define our culture and a pandemic that changed the world…and politics. Lots of politics.
5. You have been here with me every step of the way — never more so than when I was incredibly sick with COVID last year. I am grateful for your loyalty and passion for the world we cover. And so grateful to my show team, to Jeff Zucker, to my very large CNN family and to you.
6. This next life chapter will focus on what I love the most about my work: amplifying the lives of extraordinary Americans and putting my passion for storytelling to good use. For the last two years I’ve been working on my book #Huddle: How Women Unlock Their Collective Power.
7. There is just more I need to do… outside the walls of this place, a place I have been privileged to call home for 13 years. Yep, we’re still in a pandemic. No, I don’t have a job I’m jumping right into. Yes, I’m feeling very vulnerable.
- Huddle: How Women Unlock Their Collective Power
Brooke Baldwin Salary and Net worth
Baldwin is an award-winning journalist and television host whose net worth is estimated at $10 million according to celebritynetworth.com. Brooke’s annual salary is estimated at $4 million. Her primary source of income is her profession as a journalist; TV host, and news anchor.
Brooke Baldwin Twitter and Instagram
Baldwin is active on both Twitter and Instagram. She goes by the username @brooke_baldwin on Instagram. She has 198K followers as of Feb 2021.
On the other hand, Brooke’s official Twitter account is @BrookeBaldwin, with 380.5K followers on Instagram.