Clint Walker Biography and Wikipedia
Clint Walker was born Norman Eugene “Clint” Walker was an American actor and singer. In addition, he played cowboy Cheyenne Bodie in the ABC/Warner Bros. Western series Cheyenne from 1955 to 1963.
Clint Walker Age and Death
Clint Walker born on May 30, 1927, in Hartford, Illinois, United States. Besides, he died at the age of 90 years on 21 May 2018 in Grass Valley, California, United States.
Clint Walker Height and Weight
He measures 1.98 meters (6 feet 6 inches) tall. Furthermore, he weighed 106 kilograms (235 lbs).
Clint Walker Nationality
Walker belonged to the American nationality.
Clint Walker Family, Parents and Siblings
Clint was born in Hartford, Illinois. He was the son of Gladys Huldah and Paul Arnold Walker. Additionally, his mother was Czech. The American-born actor and producer, Clint, had a twin sister named Lucy who was born in 1927. Unfortunately, Lucy dies in the year 2000. Besides, he cause of death was not announced.
Clint Walker Wife and Children
The American born producer and actor had three marriages, each of which lasted approximately twenty years. Clint married Verna Garver in 1948. Besides, the couple was blessed with a daughter who was called Valerie.
Valerie was born in 1950. The two love birds got divorced in 1968. Valerie made history after becoming one of the first female airline pilots. The American-born actor, Walker, married Giselle Hennessy who died in 1994 after which he married Susan Cavallari in 1997. Walker later moved to Grass Valley, California where he lived.
Clint Walker Cause of Death
Walker narrowly escaped death in a skiing accident at Mammoth Mountain, California in May 1971. Moreover, in a fall from a ski lift, Walker was pierced through the heart with a ski pole. In addition, he was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.
However, a doctor detected faint signs of life and rushed him to surgery, where his damaged heart was repaired. Within two months, Walker was working again. Furthermore, he has said about the accident that he had a near-death experience. Sadly, he died of congestive heart failure in Grass Valley, California, on May 21, 2018, nine days prior to his 91st birthday.
Walker was a client of Henry Willson, who renamed him “Jett Norman” and as well cast him to appear in a Bowery Boys film (Jungle Gents) as a Tarzan-type character. Furthermore, in Los Angeles, he was hired by Cecil B. DeMille to appear in The Ten Commandments. Moreover, a friend in the film industry assisted get him a few bit parts that brought him to the attention of Warner Bros., which became developing a Western style television series.
Clint Walker Movies and Filmography
- 1954: Jungle Gents as Tarzan Type
- 1955–1963: Cheyenne as Cheyenne Bodie / Ace Black / Jim Thornton Merritt
- 1956: The Ten Commandments as Sardinian Captain
- 1957: The Travellers as Cheyenne Bodie
- 1958: Fort Dobbs as Gar Davis
- 1959: Yellowstone Kelly as Luther ‘Yellowstone’ Kelly
- 1960: Requiem to Massacre as Cheyenne Bodie
- 1961: Gold of the Seven Saints as Jim Rainbolt
- 1963: The Jack Benny Program
- 1964: Send Me No Flowers as Bert Power
- 1965: None but the Brave as Capt. Dennis Bourke
- 1965–1966: The Lucy Show as Frank / Frank Wilson
- 1966: The Night of the Grizzly as Jim Cole
- 1966: Maya as Hugh Bowen
- 1967: The Dirty Dozen as Samson Posey
- 1969: More Dead Than Alive as Cain
- 1969: Sam Whiskey as O. W. Bandy
- 1969: The Great Bank Robbery as Ranger Ben Quick
- 1970: The Phynx as Cheyenne
- 1971: Yuma (TV Movie) as Marshal Dave Harmon
- 1972: Hardcase (TV Movie) as Jack Rutherford
- 1972: The Bounty Man (TV Movie) as Kinkaid
- 1972: Pancho Villa as Scotty
- 1974: Kodiak (13 episodes) as Cal “Kodiak” McKay
- 1974: Scream of the Wolf (TV Movie) as Byron Douglas
- 1974: Killdozer! (TV Movie) as Lloyd Kelly
- 1976: Baker’s Hawk as Dan Baker
- 1977: The White Buffalo as Whistling Jack Kileen
- 1977: Snowbeast (TV Movie) as Sheriff Paraday
- 1977: Deadly Harvest as Grant Franklin
- 1978: Centennial (TV Mini-Series) as Joe Bean
- 1979: Mysterious Island of Beautiful Women (TV Movie) as Wendell
- 1983: Hysterical as Sheriff
- 1983: The Love Boat (Episode: “Friend of the Family/Affair on Demand/Just Another Pretty Face”) as Bill
- 1985: The Serpent Warriors as Morgan Bates
- 1985: All American Cowboy (TV Movie)
- 1991: The Gambler Returns: The Luck of the Draw (TV Movie) as Cheyenne Bodie
- 1993: Tropical Heat (TV) — episode “The Last of the Magnificent”
- 1994: Maverick (cameo appearance)
- 1995: Kung Fu: The Legend Continues (TV) as Cheyenne Bodie, episode “Gunfighters”
- 1998: Small Soldiers as Nick Nitro (Voice)